Atharva - Orientation and Techinar on Advancements in Concrete Production and Process
21 Nov 2018
Jain (Deemed-to-be University)’s School of Civil Engineering organized Atharva- Orientation and Techinar on Advancements in Concrete Production and Process in association with Indian Concrete Institute(ICI) on 15 November 2018.
The chief guest and speaker of the event was Er. Ravishankar M, Chairman of ICI (BC). He gave a brief introduction on the concept, scope, working, benefits and need of ICI, for all students aspiring to continue their professional field in civil engineering. He emphasized on the rapid advances in concrete technology during the past three decades.
He explained about the Concrete and how it is an artificial stone which is obtained after hardening the homogeneous mixtures of cement, water, aggregates, and sometime admixture and/or additive (to modify the fresh and hardened concrete property). Different Concrete Admixtures were also discussed in the event such as
- Chemical Admixtures
- Mineral Admixtures
- Pigments etc.
The concrete composition must be established in order to assure the resistance and durability of building elements, by using less cement dosage. He explained about the parameters that have to be established during concrete composition concrete.
- The class which is indicated by the designer.
- Cement type.
- Additive type according to the requirements from the project.
- Concrete consistency according to the element type which is to be realized.
- Impermeability, freeze proof-ness, maximum water/ cement ratio W/C and the minimum cement dosage according to the minimum requirements for durability assurance.
- Aggregate grading zones, aggregate grading and maximum granule shape according to the shape and dimension elements and the distance between reinforcements.