Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C - DAC) Delegation Visits SET Campus
8 Jun 2018
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Delegates visited School of Engineering and Technology, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) on 24 May 2018. The delegation team from C - DAC were Mr. Ganga Prasad, Executive Director, C-DAC, Ms. Mangala, Joint Director - SSG, C-DAC and Mr. Nagesh R, Head Business Development, C-DAC.
Ms. Mangala - Joint Director System’s Software Group delivered a guest lecture on trends in Parallel Computing Systems. The main objective of the lecture was to make students understand the importance of the programming environment.
The key objectives of the session were:
1) To facilitate with parallel computing models.
2) To learn about program and network properties.
3) To understand different processor families and memory hierarchy.
4) To learn about bus architecture and problems of multi-processor systems.
5) To get familiar with software for parallel programming and the programming environment.
The session was educational, informative and contributed to assist quality improvement on multiple levels.