08 October 2016
- JGI Global Campus
- 45th Km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
- Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
- Ramanagara District - 562112
Jain University, School of Engineering and Technology
About the Event
Inventech – 16 is an innovative business incubation competition organized by the Jain University, School of Engineering and Technology in the fields of Renewable Energy & Environmental Sustainability, Nano Materials, Novel Materials, Technology in Agriculture & Allied Business, IT and Internet of Things.
Aim of the competition:
- To award three (3) Prizes for the best Product Ideas and one (1) Special Prize.
- To consider promising ideas for Incubation by Jain University Incubation Centre. There is no upper limit for the number of ideas that shall be considered for incubation.
Scope of the Ideas
The Ideas must result in products with potential for commercialization. The idea can relate to a new product, new software or a new design of an existing product. The ideas must relate to the following domains:
- Nano Materials
- Novel Materials
- Agriculture & Allied Business and
- Information Technology & Internet of Things
The idea contest is open for faculty members of all departments, PG/UG/Ph.D. students/scholars of all branches of Science and Engineering
The teams can comprise one (1) Faculty member and a maximum of four (4) students. Alternatively, the team can comprise two (2) Faculty members
Format for the submission of ideas
- Names of the team members
- Name of the University, College and Branch
- Title of the idea
- Domain of the idea
- Abstract (overview)-not more than one page (in pdf format)
- Detailed proposal covering the following (in pdf format)
- A catchy name of the idea
- Short description of the idea
- Initial design of the idea
- Source of inspiration
- Describe what is novel in your idea and how it can be useful
- Marketing plans and potential, how it can be scaled, customer acceptance, target audience and projection for 5 years.
Rs. 500/- per team
Last Date of Submission
30 September 2016
- The jury will shortlist the best entries from student teams and from faculty teams after a review of the submissions in the context of the above requirements. Decisions of Jury members will be final.
- Registration details will be sent to the shortlisted candidates.
- The shortlisted teams will be invited for the finals to be held on October 8th 2016.
Prof. Madhu B.R +91 9902299544
Prof. Suma Manjunath +91 8105871111
E: [email protected]
Event Schedule »