School of Engineering & Technology, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)celebrated National Science Day
14 March 2017
National science day is celebrated all over India on 28 February every year in order to commemorate the invention of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist Sir Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman on the same day in the year 1928.
The main objectives of celebrating National Science Day aims to bring out the best in the field of Science and Technology
- - National Science Day is being celebrated every year to widely spread a message about the significance of scientific applications in the daily life of the people.
- - To display all the activities, efforts and achievements in the field of science for human welfare.
- - To discuss all the issues and implement new technologies for the development of the science.
- - To provide an opportunity to those who are interested in the field Science & Technology of in the country.
- - To encourage the people as well as popularize the Science and Technology.
On this occasion the Department of Basic Sciences, School of Engineering and Technology, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)organized National Science Day on 28 February 2017. The program started with the invocation song by Mr. Praveen. Dr. N Sundararajan, Vice Chancellor, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)and Prof. N.V.H Krishnan, Registrar, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)spoke on the occasion and briefed about Raman Effect followed by application of science in the day to day life.
Dr. M. Raghavendra, the Principal of BASE PU College, delivered a talk on the theme “Importance of science for engineers”. He enlightened students about the importance of science in engineering by his presentation. The celebration was concluded with the felicitation of Dr. M. Raghavendra.
At this juncture, MAKER’S lab in SET campus was inaugurated by Dr. Hariprasad Director, SET.
In the afternoon session, the poster presentation was conducted exclusively for 1-year B.Tech students under the theme “Science in everyday life”. There were 40 posters for presentation and 3 posters were selected best & won the prize. Prizes were distributed by Associate Director Dr. V. Muralidhara and Dr. Rajasimha Makkaram. A concluded remark was delivered by Dr. V. Muralidhar. Finally, the celebration came to an end with the vote of thanks by Dr. Kiran .K.S. from the department of Basic sciences.