A session on "Gravitational waves: A timeline review"
11 November 2016
- Center for Post Graduate Studies
- #18/3, 9th Cross, 3rd Block
Department of Physics, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)
About the Event
As a part of the "Share your Knowledge - Pro" event, Department of Physics is organizing a session on "Gravitational waves: A timeline review”, for M.Sc. Physics students of Jain (Deemed-to-be University). The guest addressing the students is Mr.Sundar M. N, Ph.D. Scholar, Jain (Deemed-to-be University). After completing his Master’s degree in Physics with gold medal, started working as a Research Intern at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore working majorly on Active Galaxies. He has also been part of several local groups like Bangalore Astronomical Society and also been an integral part in formation of groups like Parichaya, Bangalore; Blackbody Science Group, Mysore. He has been conducting outreach programs, workshops, camps in Astronomy, Physics and General Science in several parts of the state. Mr. Sundar will also be discussing the following during the session
- • Gravitational waves- 100 years after it was proposed by Albert Einstein.
- • Gravitational Astrophysics for us to understand the Universe better.
- • Time travel to look at how the field grew from concept to detection in a nutshell.
Lectures and Seminars