A Road Show on Women Entrepreneurship Platform
22 Aug 2018
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) ’s Incubation Centre hosted a road show to promote the Women Entrepreneurship Platform conducted NITI Aayog, Government of India on 11 August 2018 supported by United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and NASSCOM.
Dr. Chenraj Roychand, Chairman JGI and President Jain (Deemed-to-be University) , shared success stories of women entrepreneurs in the Jain Group and motivated the women entrepreneurs to aim higher.
The panel discussions that followed focused on “Building Conducive Ecosystem for women entrepreneurs in India” and “Journey and lessons of being a woman entrepreneur”.
The panelists were
- Mr. Govindraj Jeyachandran, Karnataka State Project Officer – United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Ms. Akila Krishnakumar, Founding Partner-Social Venture Partners
- Ms. Deepika Trehan, Founder-Health of Women Forum
- Dr. Geetha Manjunath, Co-Founder- CEO and CTO, NIRAMAI and
- Ms. Kavitha Iyer Rodrigues, CEO-Zumutor Biologics.
The panels were chaired by Ms. Anna Roy, Advisor-NITI Aayog and Dr. Somsingh Datta, Founder of Unspun Consulting Group and Co-Chair NASSCOM Product Council.
Ms. Anna Roy, Advisor – NITI Aayog and Chairperson WEP, provided an overview of the opportunities available to women entrepreneurs and encouraged the women entrepreneurs to register their names in the WEP portal.
Dr. NVH Krishnan, Registrar Jain (Deemed-to-be University) gave an overview of CRCE/ JUiNCUBATOR activities indicated that 56 ventures have been incubated since 2001.