5th National Level Management Development Program on ‘Business Analytics with SPSS’
3 Jan 2019
The School of Commerce, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) conducted a 3-day workshop on Data Analysis through SPSS from 9 to 11 May 2019. Students from various discipline and states actively took part to explore and enhance their knowledge.
The MDP was conducted by Dr. Vinod Kumar Murti, who is the Country Head – India of IOA (Institute of Analytics), headquartered at London, UK. He is an industry professional as well as an academician who has vast experience of 19 years in Engineering Industry and 17 years in academics. He is certified trainer for IBM-CEBT.
The audience consisted of PG students, academicians, industry practitioners, librarians – academic and corporate and PhD scholars from different disciplines such as Commerce and Management, Library Sciences, Cultural Studies, Analytics, Mass Media and Communication, etc. They hailed from Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Topics Covered on Day 1 and 2 Were:
- Basics of Research Methodology
- Creation of SPSS Data Files
- Cleaning of Data through identification of mild and hard Outliers
- Cross Tabulation with two and three variables
- Data Screening through Descriptive Analysis
- Preparation of Charts and Graphs like, Histogram
- Box-Plots, Stem and Leaf Diagram, Bar and Pie Charts
- Hypothesis testing including all t-tests, One-way ANOVA and Chi-square test
- Simple Linear Regression (SLR) and Multiple Linear Regression (MLR)
On Day 3: Factors analysis
- Cluster analysis
- Basics of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Logistic Regression
- Artificial Neural Network (ANN)