On 8th August 2016, Mr. Sadasiva Sarma D, Audit Practice Leader at Grant Thornton LLP addressed the B.Com students of Jain (Deemed-to-be University) on "Awareness of Audit Practice".
The lecture session was a great success and it ended leaving a strong impact on the students on the perspective on Auditing. The main highlights of the session were:
- 'Voyager' Software for auditing.
- Services in Industry: Technology, Non-profit organization, Healthcare, Consumer products, etc.
- Requirement of MS Office.
- Training regarding GAAS & GAAPS.
- Importance of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Audit of financial statements: Financial Reporting, Internal Control, Compliance of contract & License, Etc.
- Stages of Audit: Planning, Risk Assessment, response to assessed risk, concluding activities & reporting.