As a part of International women's day, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) and GWFM Network Forum expressed their solidarity with the 2017 theme, #BeBoldForChange by launching their first Women Achiever's Felicitation Ceremony on 22 April 2017 under the title 'LEADERSHIP REDEFINED' and thus featuring the importance of gender equality.
Gender equality is a central tenet to propelling workplaces and the world to a more inclusive future. We must rethink old definitions and create a new vision, which requires:
* Redefining leadership in, how we drive inclusion and equal representation at all levels, in all professions, and in all walks of life, including at home.
* Redefining leadership in, how we "show up" on gender-related issues with our consumers and stakeholders and how we amplify our voices externally.
* Redefining leadership in, how we all connect and collaborate across organizations (businesses, NGOs/nonprofits, governments, and society) to amplify and accelerate progress toward gender equality.
The panel discussion was conducted to throw light on gender equality and women achievements and following are the key learnings of the discussion:
- It's not always about process and policy, it's the mindset and change starts from within and not from outside.
- Education starts with family and way you bring up your kids.
- A man also needs support at times to take care of their family.
- Gender specific policy cannot be made.
- Most women are alone at the leadership position, it's the responsibility of man to support her.
The panelists also highlighted the responsibility of HR leaders and came to a conclusion that, just creating policies and processes and passing them over the wall through training and communication is not enough, HR leaders should be able to explain whether their policies are creating the outcomes they expect and whether processes are working effectively to facilitate those outcomes.
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) and GWFM Network Forum has felicitated the following Women Achievers in various fields. Dr. Chenraj Roychand, President - Jain (Deemed-to-be University) Trust has felicitated all of them by giving awards.
- Nicole Faria, Beauty Pageant Winner, Miss Earth
- Anjana Padmanabhan, Indian Idol Winner
- Poornima SP, Director, HR Tejas Networks
- Amreeta Majumdar, Startup Founder
- Meenalochani Kumar, Director HR, Bristlecone
- Annapurna, Director HR, Inspirage
- Gargi Verma, Location Lead and Senior HRBP, L&T Technology Services
- Anjana K R, General Manager HR at Tata Consultancy Services, Coach-Emotional Capital, GPHR
- Sumathi Sampath, Head of Talent Acquisition Infosys BPO
- Shobha Kulavil, Head of Engineering Outsourcing, Rolls-Royce, India
- Lalitha M Shetty, Director, Human Resources at Omega Healthcare Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Lopamudra Bhattacharya, Communications Leader at GE
- Vandana Malaiya, Director Automation, and AAO at IBM
- Elizabeth Mathew, Head HR- HiTech, Telecom, Media & IS, Utilities at Tata Consultancy Services
- Nipa Modi, Director, SecUR Credentials, Mumbai
- Pratima Chandiramani, Global WFM Leader, IBM India
- Vijayanti Margassery, Sr. Director HR, Head - Talent Management, Organization Development and Learning, Biocon
- Chirutha Dalal, COO, and Co-Founder at Pay1li>
- Priya Vijan, Founder, Melt IT Down
- Niharika Verma, Founder, BonOrganik.in
- Bina Patil, Vice President, Human Resources at Indegene Lifesystems Pvt. Ltd
- Dhanashree Raj, Head of Human Resources at NetServ Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Vidya Nagaraj, VP Education Product Management and Services
- Veena Rao, Senior Director Product Management - Core Banking, Misys
- Savitha Gowda, Head HR, Software Unilog Content Solutions Ltd.
- Nandini Mehta, AVP Head Business HR at Max Fashions
- Priya Shanmuga, Director Product Portfolio Payments