Department of Psychology successfully conducts a workshop on ‘Awareness of Psychological Dimensions as Sports Coaches’. The uniqueness of this was that it was entirely designed and executed by the students pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counselling - Col. Raghu Kulkarni, Siddharth Godbole and Heera Singh. This was conducted on the 18 April 2016 at Army Sports Center, Bangalore.
The target group consisted of coaches from 8 different sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Water-polo, Cricket, Body-building, Taekwondo, Diving, and Swimming). This group included several experienced individuals who had trained athletes in national and international level of competitions.
The topics covered under this workshop were as follows:
1. Handling emotions of players while in competitions.
2. Attention span of the athlete while in practice and competition.
3. Performance routine making for the coaches and athletes.
4. Killer instinct traits in elite athletes.
5. Proactive and deliberate practice in sports.