About the Event
International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management (IIAEM), Jain University in association with IEEE Sensor Council Bangalore section is going to organize a one-day workshop on 'MEMS based Wireless Sensors for Aerospace Applications' on 18 September, 2017 in the college premises.
The workshop is intended for faculty members, engineers from industries and students. The objective of the workshop is to sensitize academic faculty members and students on the applications of MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical-Systems) and Wireless technologies in the aerospace field.
MEMS are miniature devices which integrate actuators, sensors, and a processor to form intelligent systems. They are characterized by their close relationship to integrated circuit components both in terms of manufacturing techniques and their potential for integrations with electronics.
One of the emerging areas of MEMS and wireless technologies is to integrate together for the aerospace application. The following mentioned Aerospace applications of MEMS will be discussed in the workshop.
- active control of thin boundary layer flows
- complete inertial and navigation units on a single chip
- fusing/safety & arming systems for torpedo applications
- micro power generation using micro fuel cells and micro engines
- applications in harsh environments
- applications for autonomous inventory and storage environments monitoring and for service life predictions
Registrants are required to submit the application form on or before the date of workshop
(18 September 2017)