Corporate BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration) is one of the most popular undergraduate courses in our country that lays the foundation of business and management skills with specialization in one’s area of interest. It is a three-year professional course which can be pursued by students who are have completed their 10+2 in any Arts, Science or Commerce.
This course aims to provide maximum business and networking experience at an academic level. The pedagogy of this graduate management degree has a combination of both practical and theoretical syllabuses so that students gain maximum expertise and unleash maximum business potential.
This three-year program is designed with program supporting facilities like an internship at the end of the course, live projects and seminars, and lectures by industry experts to enhance the professional scope of the students. A BBA degree can be pursued in four major electives:
Career Scope for BBA Graduates
BBA graduate students as mentioned above are trained in a variety of aspects which makes them eligible to apply for both public sect and private sector jobs. Below we have listed some of the prominent industries where BBA graduates are in high demand:
- BFSI - The Banking Financial Services and Insurance sector requires BBA graduates the most. the financial, management, and accounting services that they learn in their academic life are highly valuable for this sector.
- Sales and Marketing – BB A graduates have a huge demand in the field of Sales and Marketing. A large number of BBA freshers are hired by private sector businesses and start-ups at the entry-level. Though these are not high-paying jobs, they provide a higher scope of learning and experience.
- Finance and accounting - BBA graduated have a rich scope in finance and accounting departments of leading organizations of every industry.
- Investment banking - BBA graduates can choose to start a career in investment banking, though they might need to have a bit of higher education, they have a huge opportunity in this field.
- Business Consultancy - Though consultant is a role that is generally offered to experienced professionals, BBA graduates can also start their careers in this genre.
- Ecommerce - With the rapid increase of eCommerce companies, there is a huge spike in the transactions on eCommerce platforms. This sector also provides huge scope for BBA graduates to kick start their careers.
- Public Sector jobs - Numerous government agencies recruit BBA graduates for various posts. The government sector offers job security, status, and immense growth potential and hence great scope for BBA pass-outs to start their career.
Tips for BBA graduates to grab the best job
- You must recognize your strengths and know what aspect of the subject interests you most
- You must pursue professional certificates in your area of interest. Since you are from a BBA background, certifications such as Management Information systems (MIS), or Excel, or Tally can help you in your future endeavours
- Prepare an impressive strength, highlight all your strengths, achievement, and academic qualification in the resume
- Be active during the campus placement and keep yourself updated on current affairs