About Center for Skills
JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) being a leader in innovation in education, decided to contribute towards skilling, upskilling and reskilling its existing and prospective students, by the establishment of Center for Skills in 2019. The main objective of the Center for Skills, is in line with the current thinking of various policymakers in India i.e. as one of top educational institution in India, JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) would leverage its vast expertise in terms of capability and capacity to provide the knowledge & life-skill to its students, would collaborate with existing skill-experts (aka Skill Partners), NSDC, Specific Sector-Skills as part of the available ecosystem, including few international /foreign Sector-skills to be globally relevant and finally as an institution which takes pride in its social responsibility (ISR), will play its part in the contributing to the overall target of skilling-up the people in India
To implement the overall objective, the Center of Skills – JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) along with various Schools/Departments within the University, will provide various skill-based courses/programs. Some of the specific initiative taken up by the Center for Skills are – offer skill development programs as value addition, to its existing students, offer Certification, Skill Diploma, Post-graduate programs for graduated students to upskill/reskill and Bachelor's degree (B.Voc.) purely as skill-based graduation, as per the prevailing UGC guideline
As per the UGC guideline, any university/college providing undergraduate studies, including JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) has the statutory powers to offer B.Voc. degrees by incorporating specific job roles and their NOS’s along with broad-based general education. The University offers B.Voc. across various industry sectors such as Media & Entertainment, Travel &Tourism, IT / ITeS and more. The students after completing these bachelor programs can explore opportunities to work in various domestic and multi-national companies. For all its skill-based programs JAIN (Deemed-to-be University), leverages the existing skill ecosystem to collaborate with the Skill Knowledge Provider (SKP), to conduct the Vocational Education Program(s). As part of the collaboration, JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) based on specific parameters identify Skill Knowledge Provider across specific/various sector skills such as Aviation, Tourism, ITeS, Healthcare, BFSI, etc. The University being the academic partner, would impart and award credits for the “Academic’ content” (or General Component) of the Curriculum; and the Skill Partner will facilitate the University in imparting and awarding credits for ‘Skill oriented training’ content of the curriculum to students, including the Qualification Packs (QPs) as per the NSQF guidelines.
Center for Skills - Certification Programmes
Course Duration: 3 Months
Course Type: Certificate Course (Non-Credit)
- Tourism Studies
- Facilities Management
- Procurement Cycle
- Sports Management
- Professional Training for Hotel & Tourism
- House Keeping
- Food & Beverage
- Transport Management
- Cash Management
- Reception Management
- Customer Service
- Inventory Control
- Introduction to Accounting
- Department Store Training
- Leadership for Police/Military *
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Disaster Management
- Fire Service
- Customer Care Management
- Motivational Webinar Series
- Banking & Finance
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Talent Acquisition and Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Healthcare Management
- Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Old Age Education
- Introduction to Photography
- Art, Paint & Drawing
- ICT Enabled E-Teaching
- Office Tools
- Computer Knowledge
- Design for Business
- Digital Marketing
- New Age Jewellery Design & Making
- Yoga for Health
Course Duration: 6 Months (Level 1 and Level 2)
Course Type: Certificate Course (Non-Credit)
- Event Management
- Wedding Planning & Decoration
- Project Management
- Business Oriented Computer Applications
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing and Sales Training
- Retail Management
- Agriculture Marketing
- Digital Marketing and e-Commerce
- Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence
- New Media and Digital Journalism
- British Literature
- American Literature
- Quantitative Techniques & Analytics
- Entrepreneurship - Food Business
- Food and Agri Business Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Accounting & Taxation
- International Business and Digital Marketing
- Predictive Business Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Finance Professionals
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Nutrition, Dietetics and Life Sciences
- Childhood Nutrition
- Advanced Counselling
- Old Age Care
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Criminal Investigation
- Cyber Forensics
- Dairy Farming for Farmers
- Food & Catering Technology
- Emerging Trends in Agriculture
- Emerging Technologies for Agriculture
- Baking and Confectionary
- Gym Coaching
- Cardio Instructor
- First Aid Training
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Technologies
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Patient Care Management
- Animation and Gaming
- Emerging Technology
- New Age Office Technologies
- Visual Communication
- Health Technologies
- Game Development with AR & VR
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Business Intelligence and Applications
Work Integrated Learning - Skill Programs
Jain (Deemed-to-be) University & National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) along with their Training Facilitators have signed the MoU to impart Work-Integrated Skill Diploma Program to enhance the employability of the youth of India (mainly from rural & tribal areas) by enrolling them in the Skill based Certificate & Diploma program and providing On-the-job practical training, to make the youth self-reliant to earn a livelihood.
The Work-Integrated Diploma Programs have been designed under the guidelines of Statutory body (earn and learn model) for multiple sectors thereby bridging the gap between academia and the world of work. Candidates will be assisted through stipends during this on-the-job, practical training period, enabling them to obtain gainful employment in the organized sector.
The objective to conduct the Work-Integrated Learning Skill Certificate, Skill Diploma, Advance Skill Certificate, Advance Skill Diploma Program is to enhance the employability of the youth of India primarily from backward areas by enrolling them in Work-Integrated Skill education & providing On-the-job practical training, to make the youth self-reliant to earn a livelihood.
Concept of Work-Integrated Learning Skill Education Training Program:
The Industrial & Commercial organisations shall sponsor the student-trainees under this program. Student will be deployed in industry / organization as "student trainee" for "On Job Training (OJT)." Industry shall pay monthly stipend / scholarship to each student- trainee. Student trainee shall go through JOB ROLE on Job Training & simultaneously receive theory related instructions online via live classes or learning Management System. Training Facilitator will be responsible for arranging "On-Job Training (OJT)" at allotted industry or commercial organization (sponsoring organization). It is an excellent example of effective “Industry Institute Collaboration”, which simultaneously benefit student trainee, NSDC, University, Industry, and Government.
Highlights of Program:
- Industry / Sector Specific Skill Development to the youth without any financial Burden on Government and the students.
- For the Candidates no payment of fees by them, Industry Exposure, Recognized Skills, University & NSDC Certification.
- Certification aligned to NSQF Levels sponsored by organizations.
- The capacity building along with On-the-Job Training, the student will learn to innovate, learn creative thinking, communication, teamwork, meet their cost of training & above all gain applied skills required by the organization to recruit talent for employability.
- Possibilities of Placement Opportunities with other industries conducted jointly by the Facilitators / University through Connect to Careers / Job Fairs based on OJT Experience & Skill Diploma from University.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities for interested students through successful Business Incubation support can contribute to Make in India Mission, Vocal for Local Mission, Digital India Mission, Incredible India Mission, Skill India Mission & support healthcare for all initiatives promoted by the Government of India.
Duration of Skill Courses & Training:
Skill Education Courses & On Job Training shall be for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months as per curriculum.
Curriculum of Skill Programs:
- The entire Curriculum (NSQF aligned) shall be framed by university for various skill-based programs.
- The University has involved NSDC, training facilitator, industrial units to understand & Identity contents of training adapted to job requirements.
- Curriculum includes theoretical & practical (On Job Training) inputs to ensure development of requisite skills for proper employability. On job training component will be part of curriculum.
- Theoretical training sessions as per course curriculum will be conducted in online mode in coordination with Training Facilitator & industrial - commercial units (sponsoring Organization)
- Training Facilitator shall provide the OJT Diary to trainees to maintain the record of on job & theoretical training.
Assessment & Certification:
- Final Skill Education Course Assessment Test shall be conducted as per guidelines issued by university & coordinated by Training Facilitator. OJT Assessment after completion of OJT Period as per University Guidelines.
- All student trainees shall be given a course completion certificate at the end of training period jointly by NSDC & University.