B.Com. or Bachelor of Commerce is a three-year undergraduate course that is pursued after completion of Class 12. It can be pursued irrespective of any stream you had chosen post 10th standard. B.Com is the second most popular undergraduate course in the Commerce branch.
B.Com offers three variations: B.Com, B.Com (Hons.), B.Com LLB.
During the duration, of course, B.Com candidates are taught fundamental subjects related to Commerce and Finance. In the three-year course, students are given an option to pick from a few elective subjects. The B.Com program is divided into six semesters during which the student is taught on several topics like Financial Accounting, Corporate Tax, Economics, Company Law, Auditing, Business Management, etc.
Advantages of pursuing B.Com
- Great Career Growth: Pursuing a graduate degree in B.Com is an indication of intellectual prowess, and the capability to handle complex challenging situations, all of which are the qualities that are required, Manager and Director. An employee who has showcased success in long-term situations that requires discipline, leadership, and the ability to work well with others will be in line for growth opportunities within the organization.
- Broad Job Profile: After the completion of the B.Com course, one can choose to work in a job profile, depending on the caliber and interest areas, such as an Accountant, Auditor, Consultant, Company Secretary, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Tax Accountant, and Business Development Trainee, etc.
- Greater employment opportunities: In India, B.Com is one of the courses that offer better employment opportunities across different verticals. Commerce and Trade are the main players driving the nation's economy. Depending on your caliber and interest, you can pursue a well-established career either in the private or public sector. Furthermore, B.Com is one of the only programs that allow graduated students to pursue a good salary career in their respective fields. Students who can enhance their knowledge by pursuing some additional specialization courses are better-positioned to grab career development opportunities.
- High Packages: Employment opportunities and high packages are on offer for B.Com graduates. Package of a B.Com graduate fresher ranges anywhere between INR 2 Lakhs – INR 4.5 Lakhs. The salary package of the student is generally determined by several factors such as academic level, qualification, professional experience, area of specialization, etc.
Top Specialization courses in B.Com.
- The Bachelor of Commerce with Certified Program In Capital Markets: The Bachelor of Commerce with the certified program in Capital Markets is suitable for those who are interested in starting their career in financial markets, shares, and stocks, etc. It is the platform to upgrade one’s skills in the area of Capital market, Commodity Market, and Mutual fund segmentation. Students graduating from this specialized course are in great demand in marketing organizations, banks, educational institutions, MNC’s, financial organizations and export companies, etc.
- The Bachelor of Commerce with Certified Program in Entrepreneurship and Business Management: Entrepreneurship is the process of designing the concept of the idea, beginning, running a new business. It is the backbone of any business. The specialization course in Entrepreneurship and Business Management is a passion and efficiency to develop, organize and manage a business including its risk factors to make it a big success. The duration of this course is 3 years. In three years students are taught all stages of small business development, managing finances, building marketing strategies, and managing daily business operations. After pursuing this particular course, students will have ample opportunities in private and government fields. This particular course can be well suited for students who wish to join their family business in the future.
- The Bachelor of Commerce with Certified Program in General Management: The course emphasizes grooming the students in the verticals of Marketing, Management, Finance, HR, and Entrepreneurship to face the competitive world by gearing them up with knowledge and skills to meet the challenges ahead. This course also focuses on bringing understanding of the concepts of Management, Tools and Techniques, etc. Students will have diversified career options post pursuing the course.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Course) with a certified program in Banking and Finance: This course prepares students for a successful career in the field of accounting, banking, and financial management. This course aims to enable students to productively contribute to dynamic organizations. Through this course, students can quickly adapt to the ever-changing business environment leading to a great demand with employers. Graduated students from B.Com (Professional course) with a certified program in banking and finance will have a wide range of job opportunities like Banks, Business Schools, Credit Organizations, Consultancies, Economic consulting jobs, etc.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Course) Coaching in Chartered Accountant and Certified Program in General Management: This course aims at indicating subjects related to commerce, accounting, and finance. This course will cover concepts related to Accounting and taxation, income tax returns, audit financial statements, maintaining records of investments, etc. Post completion of the course, students will be eligible for diverse job opportunities. Skills like management, accounting, decision-making, and entrepreneurship will be enhanced through this course.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Course) Coaching in Company Secretary (CS) and Certified Program in General Management: This course braces the student for a career in accounting, banking, financial management, etc. This program highlights the role of a Company Secretary, an important link between the company and its Board of Directors, stakeholders, etc. The students in this course will be skilled to become efficient and compliant mediators, planners, and decision-makers of the company. All these core skills and knowledge learned in this course will help the student to adapt to the ever-changing business environment.
- The Bachelor of Commerce in Business Analytics Program: This program aims at the conceptual knowledge in multiple verticals of analytics. The main objective of the program is the application of analytical tools and techniques to solve business analytic issues. Students pursuing this course have great career scope since it will provide the students the opportunity to work for some of the top consultancies and other corporations in the country.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) in Corporate Accounting Integrated with Certified Management Accountant (US CMA): This course helps to understand and make a company’s final accounts, cash flow statements, interpretation of financial results, preparation of consolidated balance sheets, etc. This makes sure that the financial activities of a company conform to various statutory and regulatory obligations. The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) recognition is an experienced-based course. After completing the course there are multiple career opportunities available in the field of Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis, and Risk Management in many corporate and MNCs.
Students can also pursue the following courses under The Bachelor of Commerce (Honors): Corporate Finance Integrated with Certified Public Accountant (US CPA) + Enrolled Agent (US EA) Finance, Accounting, Audit, and Taxation with KPMG Certified Accounting Professional (KCAP), Global Accounting Practices with Association of International Accountants (AIA-UK), International Finance and Accounting Integrated with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA-UK), Investment backing Integrated with Certified Management Accountant (US CMA) and Chartered Financial Analyst (US CFA) Investment Foundation, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management, Risk Management Integrated with Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA-UK), and Financial Technologies.
Why should one consider JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) for the B.Com Degree and its specialization? : JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) is one of India’s most preferred universities when it comes to students pursuing Bachelor’s degrees. Here are some reasons why the University is so popular amongst students:
- Innovative and Learning Practice: JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) places high emphasis on quality and value where academics are concerned and is committed to empowering students by providing the best-in-class knowledge and latest and most sought-after skills.
- Supportive Environment (Infrastructure): Well-equipped classrooms, state-of-the-art e-library, and best-in-class infrastructure are just some of the highlights of the supportive environment that one can expect during a Bachelor’s degree at JAIN (Deemed-to-be University). The University follows a multi-disciplinary approach to provide the best quality education that helps to foster discipline, integrity, and innovative thinking.
- Career Development Opportunities: At JAIN (Deemed-to-be University), one can expect the best support towards developing one’s career. The Placement Cell is committed to helping students build academic and professional networks through seminars, conferences, University-Industry interfaces, study tours, student exchange programs, and internships that bring countless opportunities for students to forge exceptional career paths for themselves.
- Further Studies: The graduate programs conducted at JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) act as basic stepping stones and offer a solid foundation for further studies. The University also helps students develop career-specific skills and traits that are most sought after in the industry.