English Literature is one of the most preferred specializations in the Master of Arts program which is a 2-year post-graduation. It is a combination of ancient and modern English Literature. At the Master’s level, this program allows the students to explore more about literature from all over the world like America, Canada, Australia, Scotland, Poland, France, etc.
An MA in English is very valuable as it can generate a variety of skills that are flexible in various career aspects. Pursuing this course will improve one’s communication skills, written skills, critical thinking skills which are extremely useful both from a professional as well as personal perspective.
Importance of Pursuing Master’s Degree
- In-Depth Knowledge: Pursuing a Master’s degree will help in gaining in-depth knowledge of the domain, adding an advantage to your field. Pursuing a Master's degree helps you to become more competitive and also helps in boosting abilities, adding on new skills, or moving to an entirely new field.
- Scope of Career Development: A Master's degree can make it easier for one to move into the higher designations. Most organizations recognize the benefits of a Master’s Degree and prefer employees who have pursued one. Many industries such as MNC’s, the education, healthcare sector prefers postgraduates for certain jobs or promotions.
- Increased Earning Potential: It is a known fact that a post-graduate person is always paid more as compared to an undergraduate. A post-graduate is better equipped with skills and the ability to handle tough and complicated situations.
- Lifelong Learning: The importance of pursuing a Master’s degree is that it helps to improve skills in researching, writing, and analyzing skill set, due to which one will have a better scope of problem-solving, easy task handling, and solving complex projects.
- Improved Professional Networks: For a Master's degree, students come from various industries and backgrounds, which provide a chance to build and expand one’s network with professors as well prominent industry leaders, providing practical world knowledge.
Reasons to Pursue a Masters Degree in English
- Career as a Lecturer: If you aspire to become an English professor, then a Master’s degree is necessary. A vast number of colleges consider professors for teaching positions who have earned their post-graduate degrees.
- Career as a Writer: A student who has completed his/her Master’s in English will always be a better writer. A master’s in English will help the writers to sharpen up their skills with the guidance of highly skilled and qualified professors.
- Exposure to Multiple Opportunities: Pursuing a Master’s degree in English opens up a wide range of job opportunities. Most employers research for candidates who can come up with out-of-the-box ideas in terms of creativity, uniqueness, and communications. A postgraduate in English can be ideally suited for many positions in organizations across a wide range of industries.
Job Opportunities Post Pursuing MA in English
- Content Writer: Content writers are involved in handling the content for various websites, blogs, articles, and marketing campaigns. The demand for content writers is quite high and there are numerous job opportunities across different verticals.
- Journalist: Post pursuing a Master’s in English you can try to pursue your career in journalism-print media, online media, etc. You can begin your career as a trainee and then move on to prestigious positions such as Editor of the publication, television channel, news portal, etc.
- Copywriter: Copywriters are the ones who write all the text that you read in print advertising. They are also an essential part when it comes to the scripts of television commercials. Content on various billboards, leaflets, posters, mailers, brochures, etc is done by copywriters. If you have a Master’s degree in English then you have a very great career to become a creative director in an advertising firm.
- Corporate Communications: Most corporate organizations require who can handle their communications with people inside the company and also with a larger audience outside the company. The Corporate Communications executive’s main job is to work on various documents such as press invites for press conferences, press releases, content for internal communication, and articles for communications with the public.
- Writer/Sub-Editor/Proof-Reader with publishing houses: One can acquire a job with a publishing house that publishes books, journals, and magazines or even with an online publishing company after a Master's in English. There are also many opportunities with e-learning companies.
- Freelance Writer: Although freelancing is not a full-time job and you have to work from home in almost all cases, there are still plenty of assignments available nowadays. Writing blogs, content for websites, content for e-learning portals, content for digital marketing, academic project report writing, are but a few of the various opportunities available for freelance writers.
Why JAIN (Deemed-to-be University)
JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) places utmost importance on the quality and value of education. JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) is committed to providing students with the best knowledge and skills that are in high demand, besides offering opportunities to learn a variety of new concepts and skills.
The University offers best-in-class digital classrooms, state-of-the-art, e-library, and top-class infrastructure that helps create a unique academic ambiance. JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) employs a multi-disciplinary approach that helps to provide the best quality education to students and augments discipline, integrity, and innovative thinking.
At the University, students are equipped to build strong academic networks through a variety of engagement options such as seminars, conferences, University-Industry interfaces, study-tours, student exchange programs, and internships that bring countless opportunities and open avenues to great career paths.
Postgraduate programs at JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) are built on a strong foundation that encourages further studies and develops one’s passion to cater to the development of humankind as well as the changing industry and social needs.