Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education (CERSSE)
The Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education (CERSSE) was established by the Jain University to promote research in select areas of Social Science and Research. The Centre has collaborated with International institutions of repute such as University of California, Berkeley, Forum of Federations, Canada, and International Association of Centres for Federal studies (IACFS), Forum of Federation, Sudan, and Konard Adenauer Foundation. The Centre has also collaborated with WIPRO Technologies, Government of Karnataka, ICSSR, Government of India, CNN-IBN and World Value Surveys for its research activities.
CERSSE offers training programmes and workshops in the fields of Public Governance, Administration, Political Science, Teaching-Learning Process, Leadership Training, Communication, Interpersonal Skills and many more.
- Election Studies
- Indian Politics
- Comparative Democracy
- Survey Based Research
- Adolescent Psychology
- Legislative Studies
- Indian Politics
- Democracy Studies
- Election Studies
- Indian Politics
- Political Institutions, Governance & Public Policy
- Higher Education and Teaching Pedagogy
Centre for Emerging Technologies (CET)
“Centre for Emerging Technologies” TM is established under the aegis of Industry – Institute relationship programme is a global hub for promoting new technologies and undertaking Research and Consultancy in various domains of engineering. Towards this a platonic relationship is being built up with a number of companies, organisations and institutions alike wherein the academic community gets to work and be trained on the state-of-the-art technologies addressing industry verticals. A qualified group has been set up to support the centre; taking into account that the economies of the coming decade shall be knowledge based driven economies.
Charter of CET
- Research, Development and Consultancy
- Setting up of Research Units in different domains
- Transnational cooperation, programmes and projects
- Industrial interfacing and interactions
- Development of multidisciplinary technologies
- Organising and conduction of workshops/seminars/conferences
- Development of newer products
- Raising public and industrial awareness as to the importance of specific technology towards a sustainable growth of the industrial Indian society
- Developing strategies, using market studies, SWOT analyses, Life Cycle Analysis, etc., towards a sustainable economic growth using innovative technologies
- Promotion of new materials and technologies
- Offering an integrated, powerful tool to the company of tomorrow, capable of identifying the problem or technological opportunity, select and test suitable solutions and develop new technologies, and guide the client during the implementation of new technologies
- Provide a platform for rural area development through technology up-gradation and employment generation
Centre for Disaster Mitigation (CDM)
The Centre for Disaster Mitigation (CDM) was founded in August 2008 as a constituent unit of the JGI Group. It is involvedin Research, Development and Educational activities in the field of Disaster Mitigation. CDM is housed in the global campus of Jain University along with the School of Engineering on the Bangalore - Kanakapura Road, Jakkasandra.
The objective of the Centre is to mitigate disasters due to natural and man made hazards. CDM carries out research, teaching, testing and consultancy in the areas of earthquakes, floods & drought, fire safety engineering and industrial waste utilization. The centre is committed to develop a group of well trained manpower, catering to the ever increasing needs of the country in the field of disaster mitigation.
CDM is a member of the National Fire Protection Association (www.nfpa.org), USA. CDM is collaborating with Underwriters Laboratories (www.ul.com), USA, to establish a world class fire testing laboratory known as the UL-Jain Fire Laboratories, India (UL-JFL). CDM is also collaborating with CGPL, IISc. (cgpl.iisc.ernet.in), on efficient utilisation of biomass.
International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management (IIAEM)
IIAEM is a collaborative venture between Jain University and Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies & Industries, an initiative never attempted by regular Universities, which has received overwhelming support from academic institutions, R & D laboratories and Industrial organizations – like ISRO, HAL, AAI, NAL, Air India, BIAL, CIAL and many others. Besides involving itself in cutting edge research, the Institute will generate a pool of technical manpower skilled in Aircraft Design, Avionics, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Airport Infrastructure & Management both at the under graduate, postgraduate and research levels. The curriculum has been vetted by experts from industry and academia. IIAEM is committed and has already invested considerable effort and money. Within the next few years, the IIAEM will develop into a world-class institution for aerospace research and education.
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences (CNMS)
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences considers human resources as one of our essential strengths.The institute’s faculty members are a carefully chosen mix of experienced staff esteemed in their fields, together with young researchers who are eager to establish their positions in the academic world as leading scientists. By blending experience with a fresh outlook, we have created a balance that we believe holds tremendous promise.To promote the growth of its cutting-edge research, Jain University invests heavily in recruitment.CNMS’s administrative management and Equipment Center are both operated by institute staff. Staffed by individuals with strong scientific backgrounds, CNMS's equipment centre is able to provide scientific support as well as measurement services.
Center for Post Graduate Studies (CPGS)
Center for Post Graduate Studies specializes in subjects related to biotechnology, biochemistry, microbiology, physics and electronics. It is a dedicated and innovative institution which enhances all aspects of postgraduate education, research and development.
- Cancer Biology
- Structural Biology & Bioinformatics
- Industrial Microbiology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Mycology and Enzymology
Chenraj Roychand Centre for Entrepreneurship (CRCE)
Chenraj Roychand Centre for Entrepreneurship (CRCE) is the entrepreneurial wing of Jain University that creates opportunities for talented and dynamic individuals to realize their entrepreneurial potential. CRCE has been training students in enterprise skills since its inception. Business ideas are spotted and nurtured during the start-up and growth phases of these knowledge and high technology companies. Further, incubated companies are trained to identify an idea, understand hi-tech markets and emerging technologies.
With the declaration of Jain University (formerly Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College) as Deemed-to-be-University in 2008, vide Ministry of HRD, Government of India notification No. F-9-57/2007-U3 (A), the Academic Council of Jain University approved absorption of CRCE as a Centre of Excellence of the University. The Centre was mandated to carry out the following activities:
- Business incubation through the Incubation centre of CRCE
- Programmes aimed at entrepreneurial capacity building, thereby fuelling societal development and empowerment of Individuals
- Development of case studies
- Research in entrepreneurship
- Training through entrepreneurship development programmes and continuing education programmes for entrepreneurs